I tried this for the first time at a restaurant called "The Queen & Mangosteen", here in Singapore...served alongside a Ploughman's platter consisting of: Stilton Cheese, Grapes, sliced Ham, Salad leaves and fruit Chutney. Yum!
So anyway, since I didn't have much luck finding a bottle of Pimms No.1 at the Singapore Duty free, I asked Richard, a friend from work, to bring back a bottle for me from Ireland...and his timing couldn't have been more perfect... It was the perfect drink to celebrate my blogs 1st birthday :) God bless you Mr.Richard :)
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 90 ml Pimms No.1
- 330 ml (1 small can) Sparkling water/ Soda
- 1 large Lemon
- 5 tbsp finely chopped Apple
- 5 tbsp finely chopped Cucumber
- 3-4 Orange segments, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped Orange peel
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Strawberries ( I skipped this since I could'nt find any)
- 8-10 Mint leaves, roughly torn
- 3-4 tsp White Sugar, powdered
1.) In a pitcher, make lemonade using the juice from the lemon, sparkling water and sugar.
2.) Stir in the chopped fruit and mint and add the Pimms No.1 to the mix. Stir using a long spoon.
3.) Chill for atleast 30 mins before serving. Serve over ice in a tall glass, garnished with a sliced orange :)
Vineet and I seriously recommend investing in a bottle of Pimms... pick one up yourself, or ask someone traveling abroad to get one for you, incase it is not available in your city... Trust me... it is a decision you will never regret! :)