110 gms Unsalted butter (soft)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Plain Sugar
1 large Egg
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups Maida
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Chocolate chips
1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
Oven @ 180 deg C | Baking sheet | Mixing bowl | Saucepan | Wooden spoon | Table spoon
1. Heat the saucepan and melt the butter. Switch off the heat. Dissolve both Sugars. Set aside. Cool slightly.
2. Sift together the Maida + Baking powder + Salt. Add the Chocolate chips & chopped walnuts.
3. Add the Egg and Vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and whisk gently till mixed well. Ensure that the butter has cooled slightly or the egg might get scrambled!
4. Pour the liquid contents of the saucepan into the dry mixture and stir using the wooden spoon till it forms a sticky but firm dough. Use a table spoon to drop equal sized mounds on a baking tray with atleast 1" gap between each mound.
5. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180 deg. C for 15-16 mins / or / till cookies are puffed up and golden brown around the edges.
6. Cool on a wire rack.... EAT!
STORAGE: Store in a air tight container in a cool dry place for upto 5-6 days, if they last that long!